We created this nail art tutorial to share the tips & steps on creating polka dot nail. Nail art is fun to experiment with on a slow Sunday afternoon—but we all know it can be quite messy. Inside our essential nail art kit you’ll find:
-Nail polish remover
-Small plastic cups
-Narrow paint brushes
-Tape for blocking out color
We love finding ways to create beautiful designs using household objects. In this post, we’ll show you how to create cute polka dot nails using one of the most common household tools: a cotton swab.
1. Paint your base color and allow it to dry completely.
2. Drop a few drops of your polka dot color onto an upside-down cup (this is way easier than sticking a cotton swab into a nail polish bottle!).
3. Dip one end of the cotton swab into the nail polish and create dots by pressing down lightly onto your nails.
4. Let the dots dry completely.
5. Repeat step 3, making dots directly on top of the pre-existing dots and allow to dry completely.
6. Finish off with a clear top coat to seal your creation
Helpful hint: If the cotton swab becomes too fuzzy and starts leaving bits of fuzz on your nails, flip it over and use the other side!
How do you like this nail art tutorial? Was it helpful? Leave a comment and let us know please! Have fun!